Wednesday 3 February 2016

Winter in style




I love winter only for the way I can dress. Layers over layers, hats, funky boots, woolly skirts, adorable coats - all those items that wrap us in warmth and style, added together to create a sweet melange of textures and colours. I go crazy for nudes and whites in winter, paired with jeans to create contrast in the palette and style,  just as much as I adore tweeds in crazy colours, squares and zigzags in deep greens and strong auburns, matched with cute, vintage items - they're all there to delight me. And when it's not raining, as it so often does where I live, I can take my cream or white coats out and give them a bit of light and fresh air. Soon, spring will arrive and I realised I didn't make a post on winter style. This was a day out in Bristol, on a December day, when my daughter and I enjoyed the sunny, blissful weather (despite the wind), with more degrees than we hoped for - an unexpected surprise that I didn't predict while getting ready (Hence the hat! Well, I love hats so much, I wear them for their cuteness, not necessarily because I'm cold.). I wasn't dressed for a shoot, this is a simple stroll, in casual clothes for me. I love a bit of vintage charm with a funky twist. I was wearing a M&S shirt, an United Colours of Benetton jumper, Ming Originals western ankle boots and a lovely vintage coat I bought in a vintage fair. Oh, those treasure finds! Priceless!













No comments:

Post a Comment